I recommend spending time there and visiting the house and gardens at 15th century St Mary’s. This timber framed building was constructed around 1470 by the bishop of Winchester. At that time pilgrims used the house as an inn on their way to the tomb of St Thomas of Canterbury.
The house is open from the end of April to 28 Sept 2017 on Sundays, Thursdays and Bank Holiday Mondays (& Wednesdays in August) from 2 – 6 p.m. (last entry at 5 p.m.)
Entry costs: Adults £10; Concessions £9; Children £5
There are also some lovely cottage style tea rooms.
Generations of holidaymakers and Worthing residents have enjoyed visiting Worthing Pier. British seaside piers date from the early 1800s. Worthing’s pier was the thirteenth to be built in England at a cost of £6,500 by the Worthing Pier Company. The first pile was driven into the seabed on 4 July 1861. Designed by Sir Robert Rawlinson, the Pier was officially opened on 12 April 1862.
The Pier still continues to bring enjoyment to visitors and residents. The Pavilion Theatre sits at the northern end and the southern end pavilion has recently been totally renovated and returned to its former glory as a cafe & venue having been a night club for several years. An amusement arcade is in the middle of the Pier. It is a regular attraction for people to take a stroll along the deck and for fishing. Admission is free!
This picture shows the beautiful church of St Leonard in South Stoke village, near Arundel, West Sussex.. It was recorded in the Domesday Book – a great land survey from 1086, commissioned by William the Conqueror – when the village was named as "Stoches".
To find the church head for Arundel then travel down Mill Road until the road ends in a t-junction. Turn left, following the signpost to South Stoke. Go beyond the entrance to the farm and turn left with the road – the gate to the church is down a (signposted) short pathway to the right, about one hundred yards further on. Well worth finding!